Monday, August 08, 2005

Kennedy Peak & Fairfax County 4-H Farm Fair





On Sunday, I took the fastest hike in my life: Kennedy Peak 9 moderate to strenuous mile circuit hike with 1100' elevation change in 3.5 hrs. The hike started near Camp Roosevelt on the Stephens Trail and then proceeded to Kennedy Peak and returned on the Massanutten Trail, and the hike leader were flying.





On the way back home, I stopped by the Fairfax County 4-H Fair, to check out farm animal displays, goat milking, horse, livestock and pet shows; food; children's rides; games and entertainment; and crafts at the Frying Pan Park, Herndon. 4hfairfax.org. When I got home, I decided to mow my yard of 1/4 acre and I did. What a busy day!





On Sat., I enjoyed reading a book titled “What should I do with my life?” by Po Bronson. I invite you to explore and re-define your life via these true stories of others. Check the link and get one copy.
"Nothing seemed more brave to me than facing up to one's own identity, and filtering out the chatter that tells us to be someone we're not."
http://www.pobronson.com/index_what_should_I_do_with_my_life.htm

No comments: