Saturday, January 21, 2017

Korean seafood noodles (Jjamppong)


The Korean restaurant was so busy tonight that they ran out of table for single diner like me, so I ordered Korean spicy seafood noodles (Jjamppong) to take out and went shopping next door at H-Mart while waiting for takeout. I bought veg, fruits, and Nongshim Shin Ramyun (my Korean friends were crazy for this salty, spicy with a mild ocean aroma and bits of rehydrated shiitake mushroom and scallion floating in a thin but flavorful broth - when they travel overseas. It is exported to over 100 countries, and is the highest selling instant noodle brand in South Korea). There were so much food tasting in the H-Mart that I was halfway-full walking out. The Korean restaurant also packed Korean pickles, and I needed to mix up the soup and noodles myself at home. No bad to eat it at home after a hot shower. I was planning to go in DC for an Art reception but gave up after hearing from the radio that still many protesters trying to get on Metro in DC tonight. — at Jang Won Ban Jum (장원반점).

No comments: