Friday, July 05, 2019

July 4th hiking and camping

Finally I got to test my My 1-person Big Agnes fly Greek tent in heavy rain after a cookout party at the Methew’s Arm camp ground with a meetup group on 7/4. my campground mates set up a number nice screened in patio to block the bugs.

I had a good sleep after listening to podcasts and fireworks from distance in the background. Eight of us hiked the next day along the Jermey Run Loop (16 stream crossings) for 14.5 Miles 2570 feet elevation gain in the shade ~ 80-85f from Elkwallow Wayside parking lot.
Important note: some flies and mosquito were trapped by the wet tent and free-riding into my house! We avoids the wasps nest on the trail, but I discovered a wasps nest in my outdoor storage and treated it with 1:10 dish soap water today (sprayed the flying ones and soaked the nest into a bucket).










No comments: