Saturday, January 15, 2022

hiked 14.5 miles in 20f





I hiked 14.5 miles with 2600 feet elevation gain in 20f yet dry weather with a meetup group today from Sky Meadows State Park to Lost Mountain and back. My iPhone 6s simply shot down in such low temperature, and it was too cold to take off my gloves to take photos anyway. Fortunately, we had a group photo and one fellow hiker kindly took photos for me. Very happy to get out and hike.
To keep warm yet easily delayer, I wore Gortex pants over leggings. I also wore 3M insulation ski gloves. Glad that I had micro spikes to walk on ice for the 1st and last one mile of the hike. There are icy sections on the shady side of the mountain.
Due to the forecast snow, I went grocery shopping and gas after the hike, and ran 5.5 miles to meet my weekend 20 hike/run miles goal.

No comments: