Saturday, March 02, 2024

Manassas gap and whiskey hollow






 

Three of us started late (9:30 am) to avoid the rain, and we actually beat the rain forecast and hike 14 miles with 3000 feet elevation gain on Appalachian Trail between Manassas gap and whiskey hollow. I dressed warm enough and stayed dry this time. I even brought a plastic junior firefighter cap in case I needed to hike in the freezing rain. But fortunately the rain wasn’t heavy.
We ran into a Boy Scouts group just walked a short distance to the shelter to camp overnight. As they were too noisy for three female section hikers, the ladies walked more to stay in another shelter. We had some drinks after the hike at the parking lot, since the winery we like is too far from where we were.
I was busy on Sunday, so I ran 6 miles on Monday to complete my 20 hike/run miles weekend goal.

No comments: