Saturday, March 16, 2013

Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History

I have not looked at the exhibits of the museum for a few years. I was surprised by the new designs of the exhibits after viewing an environmental film "Planet Ocean" in the museum.

According to Wikipedia, the main building has an overall area of 1.5 million square feet with 325,000 square feet of exhibition and public space. In total, the museum has the space of 18 football fields and houses over 1,000 employees.

I was surprised by the information that human genes share 60% similarity to banana's and 75% of chicken's.

I also caught a beautiful sunset after the visit.



I have participated in Environmental Film Festival in Washington DC a few years.  It screens a record 190 diverse and arresting films from 50 countries. This year’s Festival features 110 Washington, D.C., United States and world premieres; 196 filmmakers and environmentalists will be present to enliven our screenings with their perspectives and knowledge.  Through astonishing photography, "Planet Ocean" took me on a magnificent journey into the deep sea.















No comments: