Saturday, August 20, 2016

camping trip to Assateague National Park, MD

Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.

Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
The ride into the national park only took 3 hours, and we checked in the campsite smoothly. I went to bed after instant noodles dinner to minimize horsefly exposure. I woke up to capture the sunrise, then walked 5-6 miles along the beach. It was too hot for me to swim or kayak so I made friends with a big family at the next campsite to hide in their huge tent before headed to the Burley Oak brewery with a few campers. I took the brewery tour and photoed with the owner who majored in bio-Chem. We decided to have dinner at a restaurant Tugos Pizza in Berlin instead of fighting the traffic into Ocean city. The second night was noisy and warm, so I sleep only 6 hours, then carpooled back to DC in the early morning. I got about a dozen itchy fly bits, even coating my skin heavily with deet. If I ever visited back, I will make sure it is a season without horseflies.— at Assateague National Park.

No comments: