Saturday, August 06, 2016

14 m Pine Hill Gap/Hannah Run/Broad Hollow Loop Hike

Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.

Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
 
 
 
 
I took a 14 m 3500 ft gain hike with a group today to easy into strenuous hikes after traveling overseas for 2 months. The Pine Hill Gap/Hannah Run/Broad Hollow Loop Hike (Rating: A+) consisted of three peaks and along beautiful rivers (stream crossing). The mountains were foggy then sunny and then we luckily escaped thunderstorms right before jumping into the cars. I slipped on wet rocks two times without injury, and screamed at the 2nd time which scared three black bear cubs to climb up trees just 20 feet away. Too bad that my hiker leader did not get a clear shoot of the Bears. Nevertheless, it was a good training hike to prepare me for the 41 mile 5500 ft gain on Maryland AT on 9/24. BTW, I saw a red orange finger size mushroom 1st in my life (see one of the photos). And one hiker told me it was dog penus mushroom.— at Shenandoah National Park.

No comments: