Saturday, July 14, 2018

Dreams For Kids DC Water Sports event

I volunteered at Dreams For Kids DC Water Sports event today at Pohick Bay Regional Park.
and worked with a family of six. I ran into them before, but first time directly accompanied them via half day of water skiing, tubing, and other water sports. The lunch sandwiches were typical, but ice cream had one unusual favor: Thai coconut lemon grass. Pretty tasty! I kayaked solo over 2 hours after the event, and my arms are sore now. Public announcements: If you ever felt uncomfortable or unsure how to interact with someone with a disability, watch the video posted in my comments which was required to be reviewed by volunteers to understand basic interactions from the perception of people with disabilities.

Awkward No More: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv1aDEFlXq8









No comments: