Thursday, November 01, 2018

Thursday afternoon biking drama

I took Thursday afternoon off and planned to take advantage of the 75f (24c) weather to bike 50 miles (80km) out and back from Reston to Percerville, but ended up only did 35 miles (56km) due two flat tires. The first flat tire was caused by my over-forcing the bump from the tire valve, and the 2nd flat tire was caused by a pinch to the newly installed tire by a bike shop. I was stained 4 miles out from the bike shop, so one kind lady who works for REI volunteered to ride to the shop to ask for help. Another kind biker Mike helped to replaced my rear tire to ride back to the shop before the shop staff showed up. Anyway, I still rode back to the shop and had them install another new tire properly and free for me (including taping the wall of the tire). After all the wasted time, I only rode 35 miles as the wind picked up and the temperature dropped. I am considering switching to the new-tech tubeless tyres, which will never get flat.











No comments: