Saturday, October 10, 2020

18-m run to the new 99 Ranch Supermarket















 All my carpool arrangements for a 20-m hike failed, so I ended up running to the 99 Ranch Supermarket and back for 18 miles with only 650 feet elevation gain. The way to there via Fox Mill Road was scenic but no shoulder thus dangerous. I saw one dead deer, several dead squirrels, so nervously checking my GPS and forgot to turn back my run trackers a few times. The 99 Ranch Market is very spacey, has a few restaurants inside, and sells some unusual items such as durian coffee. Not just deco like Whole Foods, prices are higher than other Asian supermarkets too. Most disappointing, all its moon cakes sold out before the Autumn Festival on 10/1, so none left for me to buy today. I left without using my extra backpack intended for carrying purchases. I saw some poisonous cousin of the chicken of the woods mushrooms: jack-o-lantern. Don’t eat this kind.

No comments: