Sunday, August 28, 2022

1st hike after 2.5 month travel













 I finished 2.5-month international travel and returned to USA on Tuesday, test-ran 6 miles on Thursday, and then hiked 16.3 miles with 3700 feet elevation gain on Saturday with a meetup group along Elkwallow, Knob Mtn, Neighbor Mtn, AT Loop In the Shenandoah National Park in 80s. 


The hike was long and tiring, especially for me in the afternoon with jet leg. I dragged my feet for the last three miles, and then rested at the Elkwallow Wayside with the group sharing homemade banana made by kind Wanda and a drink from Marco. After got home with more hydration, I forced myself to run another 3.7 miles to complete my 20 hike/run weekend mile goal. I drank more than 2-liter and sweated a lot, that I changed the clothes after hike.


BTW, I picked on the trails some eatable wild mushrooms chanterelles (as conformed by a mushrooms PhD), and sautéed with olive oil and garlic on Sunday.

No comments: