Saturday, August 03, 2013

Rolling with Change Hike


I signed up the 30-m endurance hike WOC + Franklin Cliffs/Hawksbill + Old Rag + Robertson mt, after lack of sleep for several days. I was behind the group from the beginning.



This was the 1st time in my life, I decided to listen to my body and called it the quit instead of toughing it out to avoid inconvenience others. In other words, I talked to the hike leader to hike by myself at my own pace rather than taking the whole 30 mile hike. 

I walked along the skyline drive then AT to get about 18 miles in total by myself in light rain, then I found a ride from a Korean couple. During the hike, I was inventorying what I “should do,” and “should be” built via past experience which are no longer applicable.



I left a note for the hike leader, and he was happy that I found a ride instead of waiting for 5-hr in the parking lot for them. The Korean couple stopped at a farm in front royal to get the best honey in greater dc and I bought some as well. I did not get the miles, but lot of joy and photos.  I felt so liberated from my old belief/behaviors, and cannot wait to experience more positive changes in my life.




No comments: