Tuesday, December 31, 2013

1st Night Alexandria 2014


First Night Alexandria is a family oriented, non-alcohol New Year's Eve celebration held on December 31 at dozens of venues throughout historic Old Town Alexandria. I have attended a few time before with more jazz and world music. I decided just to watch the firework before the new year even final count down since I did not find any programs interesting for me.

I met with a friend in old town to have some take-out food for dinner. We found this  interesting Peruvian chicken restaurant with a wall full of photos of celebrities and all sizes of chicken craft art.

I had a lot of Peruvian grilled chicken when I visited Peru. This iconic regional dish is intensely flavored marinade, deeply seasons the meat, and the grill gives it a beautiful sear. 

After dinner and some TV, we started 4 miles walk to the King Street and saw the firework.  We were behind some trees so we did not get to see the firework very well.

After the firework, we stopped by a restaurant to dance a little and had some free Champagne.  Here comes 2014!










No comments: