Saturday, February 01, 2014

Fort Washington National Park



I was in the neighborhood to check out two real estate properties, and followed the brown signs towards the Park.  The Fort was built to defend the river approach to the Washington, DC, and it has stood as silent sentry for over 200 years. It reminded me some forts I saw in Spain, which are quite different from the forts in India. I googled and found that Spanish actually built some forts in the US, such as Fort San Juan in North Carolina. Wikipedia has a list of Forts around the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_forts
India has some many forts of its own such that Wikipedia a separate webpage for the list of Forts in India http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_forts_in_India  
I still remember how big the Red Fort complex in Delhi was, and how crowded and dirty the neighborhood was. I could find any local restaurants clean enough to eat, and ended up ate in a McDonald.  It was the 1st and hopefully last time I was forced to eat at a US fast-food chain when traveling overseas.

No comments: