Saturday, November 26, 2016

Brooklyn, New York



I spent the whole day in Brookline from a walking tour of "Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn Heights and Dumbo Tour", the Brooklyn Museum, and then the botanic garden. We walked over the bridge, then Brookline downtown to cover Brooklyn history, culture, architecture, politics and what makes Brooklyn such a great place to live. I photoed with the cutest elf to create "Elfie". I skipped the best ice cream in NYC because it was too cold for me to eat ice cream, and I also skipped the best pizza due to the long line. — in Brooklyn, New York. 













Brooklyn Museum has 560,000 square feet, third largest in NYC in physical size and holds an art collection with roughly 1.5 million works, including impressive Egyptian and inca collections. It took me 2.5 hr to walk via the museum, so I had only 30 min left to run via the botanic garden. I have to go back another time to see the green houses as well as the Green-Wood Cemetery. The Dinner Party is an installation artwork by feminist artist Judy Chicago. Widely regarded as the first epic feminist artwork, it functions as a symbolic history of women in Western civilization. There are 39 elaborate place settings arranged along a triangular table for 39 mythical and historical famous women. at Brooklyn Museum. 










No comments: