Saturday, August 04, 2018

My first solo hike on Appalachian Trail

I had my first solo hike on Appalachian Trail (AT) today, between Ashby Gap and Buzzard Hill out & back, 21.4 miles (34.5 kms) and 2600 ft (800 meters) elevation gain. The trail was flooded due to yesterday heavy rain. Unfortunately, I fell on my right thigh and barely made it back to my car (after muscle massage plus pain killer). I will hike from the other end of the Roller Coaster to get more elevation next time. There were people on the trail so I was not alone per se except in the morning, when my face/hat caught fresh spider webs. I took the scenic route 50 back and passed two pretty towns: Uppervile and Middleburg and 20+ winery signs. I have to go back to tour them another time. By the way, Maps.me marks the whole AT, so I checked it when in double.










No comments: