Saturday, January 27, 2024

Signal Knob 12.5-mile hike






 

I joined some friends for a birthday hike to Signal Knob plus 2 miles to Meneka Peak and back, so total 12.5 miles with 2800 feet elevation gain. It was pleasant to hike in this spring like weather, although the Ricky trails were tiring and my legs felt lazy after skipping hiking for last weekend.
At the lunch spot, we ran into a huge hiking group (~ 50 hikers) bused from Washington DC. There were also a few mountain bikers. I have never seen this place so crowded.
We had some drinks after the hike at the parking lot, to celebrate two hiker’s’ birthday.
I was planning to run 7.5 miles after the hike,to meet my 20 hike/run mile weekend goal. However, I was too hungry to finish and only ran 4.67 miles. I made up the difference on windy Monday.

No comments: