Sunday, May 19, 2024

“trail-ran” 17.5 miles






 

After Saturday dragon boat race, I only slept 4 hours, and then I “trail-ran” 17.5 miles with 3500 feet elevation gain on Sunday, 4H club to Compton and North Marshall Peaks and back on the Appalachian Trail. I was very tired after the hike and have a big blister on my right foot.
I was rushing to catch up with the group, so I hike alone most of time for the first part of the hike, and I did not take any photos (the posted photos were taken by others). I expect the flowers will peak in about two weeks.
Ali set a very fast pace for the whole group, and the group didn’t have a lunch break and no group photos. I was 0.5 miles behind and gave myself a short lunch break so I had energy to continue. I didn’t plan but was forced to trail-run today : ( We missed the turn to the parking and added another 0.5 mile to the hike at the end.
Plus my walks between Foggy Bottom and Thompson Boat center, and 6 trips between our tent to the boat dock, I completed my 20 walk/hike miles weekend goal.

No comments: