Saturday, February 20, 2016

36 mile walk along Tollpath

Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I took a 2-hr nap after sending two sleepover hikers on their way to Kennedy 50 m walk at 3 am. I started 7 am and finished 36 miles at 15:37 per mile around 5 pm. My tracking app was a bit off because my iPhone almost ran out of power. Glad that I broke my own 32 mile day hike record. I decided not to join the group walk so I did not have to walk in the dark or started with a group of people. In summary, one solo walker (me) saw two armed men (illegal hunters), drank three liters of water, ate four 20g protein bars, and then saw five horses on the toll path. Lesson of the day: always remember to bring ibuprofens! Thanks Hua for the sweet and sour pork and vege she cooked, which were especially tasty after a 36m hike. One hiker texted me she finished Kennedy walk this time around 8 pm.— checked in to Old Angler's Inn.

No comments: