Saturday, September 10, 2016

ANGELS IN AMERICA - Part I: Millennium Approaches & PART II: PERESTROIKA

Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.

Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
I rushed from the trail head directly to the theater box office, then changed clothes there for the play ANGELS IN AMERICA, Tony Kushner’s Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning masterpiece. Roundhouse theater's mobile stage presented the play more fluently and dynamically than the YouTube clips I saw. Me and Candice R. Lin enjoyed the 3-hr long Part I: Millennium Approaches very much, and plan to come back for the 3.5-hr long Part II: Perestroika. The play dramatically presented Sexuality, religion, and politics colliding at the beginning of the AIDS crisis. — checked in to Round House Theatre

Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.

Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
I watched the 3.5 hour ANGELS IN AMERICA PART II: PERESTROIKA. Maybe because of the exposure to Part I, Part ll was not as exciting as Part I. However, the set designs and transitions were still Amazing, and the pre-show discussion was very informative, especially that all lighting, music, and set movements were computer programmed.

No comments: