Saturday, September 24, 2022

14 miles with 3900 feet elevation gain over Pine Hill Gap, Catlett Mountain, Pinnacles Overlook








 

I enjoyed a wonderful weather hiking with a meetup group for 14 miles with 3900 feet elevation gain over Pine Hill Gap, Catlett Mountain, Pinnacles Overlook in the Shenandoah National Park. During lunch break, we had one hiker Ali kindly shared his homemade hazelnut cookies. At the end of the hike, our deal hike leader Susan kindly shared brandy chocolates, and hiker Sartaz surprised us with her homemade green tea mochi (抹茶麻糬). So glad to have great weather, great hike, great people, and great food. BTW, I tasted a wild apple on the trail, and took home some wild mushrooms chicken of the woods.



The only mishap was our sweeper had to bail out of the hike after the 1st peak for foot issue, and I carpooled with him. Nevertheless, we managed to move our belongings to another cars and carpooled back with a different vehicle, a Tesla (my first ride)!
I ran 6 miles after the hike to complete my 20 hike/run miles weekend goal.

No comments: